Sometimes while rendering reports, eg Trial Balance you may come across “Calculation Capacity Exceeded” error. This error may only affect some accounts over a specific error.
This error is almost always thrown when a value / transaction that overflows the maximum values supported by the Crystal Reports Print Engine.
For example, a journal entry posted for 59 trillion dollars (21 digits long) to fields AMT1, AMT2, and AMT3 on the TMPBLA will throw this particular error as the table are set up to not allow any value greater than 9,999,999.99.
Before you move ahead with this or for that matter any other fix, make sure you are adequately backed up.
Please note that this fix requires knowledge and experience in changing tables and should only be carried out by someone who is certified to work on Sage systems or is a Sage X3 Developer.
Change the length values on the AMT1, AMT2, and AMT3 from 9.2 to 12.2 (This will allow values up to 9,999,999,999.99)
The steps below are for modifying an already existing report in Sage X3 Cloud. Please adhere to your organization’s backup policy before you proceed with any step mentioned here. If you are just starting out developing a backup strategy for your organization, you might like this article where we cover the basics of a robust backup protocol.
Sage X3 Cloud is premium business management software from Sage. The de facto choice for organizations across the world who are seeking to bring down their costs and boot their efficiency. You can read our in-depth review of Sage X3 here.
This is a brief and users are strongly advised not to use this information as a replacement of the detailed steps and screenshots in the PDF attachment below:
- At the time of the last date updated of this article, only Firefox is supported for the Sage X3 Crystal Report Connector. Other Web browsers may result in unexpected behavior.
- You must already have Crystal Reports 2013 installed on the computer you are using the Sage X3 Crystal Report Connector (used for making a copy of an existing report already inside of Sage X3 Cloud).
- The Sage X3 Crystal Report Connector has to be installed on the local computer in order to download and upload the reports in question. To install the connector, launch X3, and go to Administration, Utilities, Installation, Crystal Report Connector.
- Click the Transfer button (see attached PDF for detailed instructions and screenshots) and the report will be downloaded to:
- C:\Users\<user profile>\AppData\Local\Sage Crystal Report Connector\
- If need to replace a report with something you’ve already modified, change the newest modified report filename to match the filename that gets downloaded to this location. Once you click Commit (see attached PDF for detailed instructions), it’ll grab this report, upload it to the X3 server (cloud) and delete the copy on the local computer.
The attached PDF document references the X3 cloud version, but the logic and steps remain the same for on-premise version of X3 for users who do not have access directly to the X3 server to obtain the actual Crystal Report file.
Detailed Steps PDF
Information credit, Sage PLC