Described further are the steps that you need to take to resolve the “Due date being paid INVXXX” error message when using the manual matching function
Some important pointers
Use caution when working with the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions. If necessary, seek the assistance of a qualified Sage business partner, network administrator, or Sage customer support analyst. Before you undertake any of the following steps please make sure you have all the necessary back ups in place. Make a list before you start, if there is anything that you aren’t sure of, please contact us.
Please take a note, steps listed ahead require knowledge of database engines and application databases (DBs) such as Microsoft/Transact SQL, Pervasive SQL, or MySQL, etc. Incorrect application of these steps may result in system breakages and Evomatiq Business Solutions assumes no responsibility for errors resulting from changes to the database engine or DBs. Before making changes, backup all system and application DBs required for a full restore.
If you are unsure of anything, contact support for assistance
Go to DEVELOPMENT, UTILITIES, MAINTENANCE, IN LINES (GMAINT)
When prompted for table, type GACCDUDATE in the table field and click on OK.
From the right menu, CLICK on SELECTION.
Enter NUM=’XXXXX’ (where xxxx is the invoice number, payment/receipt number)
Verify you are on the correct line by comparing the value. If you are not on the correct line, use the arrows at the top left to change
Delete the values in the fields TMPCUR, TMPLOC, and If using v1.4 or v5, TMPRPT
Note: Do this for each of the lines of the NUM the by clicking on the Next radio button at the top of the screen.
Verify that the FLGCLE field has a 1 in it. If not, change it to a 1.
Try again, the issue should now be resolved.
While trying to run any Sage Intelligence standard reports in Microsoft Excel 2007 you might come across this error: “Unable to get the Add property of Workbooks class”
The issue is caused when Excel 2007 fails to recognizing the XLTM template. Before you move ahead with the steps mentioned below, please ensure that you have the appropriate backups in place.
Follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this error
1. Navigate to the Sage Intelligence templates folder. You will find the location in the Report Manager under the Template Storage Location field.
2. Open the Dashboard Analysis AR 3-8 Report in Excel.
3. Click on Save.
4. Click on the drop down option under Save as Type.
5. Select Excel Macro-Enabled Template (*.xltm).
6. Click on Yes.
7. Click on Save.
8. Select the location, you can save it on your desktop for the time being. Ensure that it’ s the same name as the original report.
9. Copy the report from your desktop and paste it to the original location found in step 1. Replace the current report.
10. Rerun the report from the Report Manager.
Here are the steps for upgrading Sage 300 People Standalone. Sage 300 People is an industry leading human resource management solution, you can get an overview here. Please make sure you have the necessary backups in place before you undertake any of the following steps.
In the Installation Instructions below we are assuming that the Sage 300 People is installed in the C:\Sage\People folder. Sage 300 People Standalone is normally installed on the Standalone Workstations or Remote Desktop Services.
Make a SQL backup of the Live database.
Run the PeopleAppSetup.exe application file on the Sage 300 Remote Desktop Services server.
The Installation Wizard will open. Select ‘Next’.
The installation will take some time to run. Select ‘Next’ to start the installation of the Sage 300 People Standalone application.
“Completing the Installation Wizard” screen will open. Select ‘Finish’. If the ‘Run People’ option is ticked the Sage 300 Standalone application will open automatically when ‘Finish’ is selected.
Login with a Sage 300 People Administrator account.
Select ‘Yes’ to upgrade the People SQL database, this will take some time to complete.
The SQL Scripts will be executed for the People database upgrade.
When done, the ‘Update Complete’ screen will display. Select ‘OK’.
Login with a Sage 300 People Administrator account.
The Report layouts will now update and you are done.
Sage X3 Business Cloud has a number of add-ons that you can take advantage of to streamline emailing your documents to your customers, such as EDD, EDM, PIA, but in standard X3, a workflow can be setup to email a single document like a Sales order invoice to a customer in an automatic way, by following the steps below.
Now before you go about any of these steps, make sure you have proper backups in place that you can roll back to
Email settings in place?
Without proper workflow email validation links in place this post will not work. So first let’s go about making sure you are the right links in place before moving further.
When setting the worklfows for Sales Order and Purchase orders, the system generates two links sent on an e-mail so the Signing User can Approve or Reject the Sales order and/or Purchase Order. If this is not working its an indicator that proper links are not in place.
- Make sure that the X3 Web Services are installed on the SAFE X3 management Console.
- Log on your Sage X3 Server.
- Open the SAFE X3 System Management Console.
- Select the WEB Servers option
- Check if there is a Web Server configured.
- Take note of the Port used to connect to the Web Server. This will be used in the configuration steps below.
2 Enter the proper parameters on your Production and/or Test Folder
- Go to Setup, General parameters, Parameter values.
- Double-click SUP Supervisor to expand it.
- Select the SUPERVISOR chapter, FOLDER, <<YOUR PRODUCTION/TEST FOLDER>>.
- Select the Group WRK, the right click and select DETAIL.
- On the parameter values window, enter the following information ( remember that the names has to coincide with the server settings on the X3 Console)
- Parameter SERMES : enter your e-mail server name or IP address
- If you don’t user an e-mail server, enter RELAY.MAILINTERNAL.COM
- Parameter WRKRMTDIR: [install drive]:\Sage\[SolutionName]\FOLDER\[foldername]
- Example: E:\SAGE\SAGEX3V7\FOLDERS\SEED
- Parameter WRKRMTHTTP: <<SERVERNAME>>:<<PORT CONFIGURATION>>/sdata/x3/erp/<<FOLDER>>/$service
- For example: localhost:8124/sdata/x3/erp/<<FOLDER>>/$service
- Parameter WRKRMTMAC : <<SERVERNAME>>:<<PORT CONFIGURATION>>
- Legacy parameter. Leave blank in v7 and above
- For example: Same server name as above (not including http://) and the port shown in X3 Solution’s Main Processor section.
- Parameter WRKSINTER : <<SERVERNAME>>:<<PORT CONFIGURATION>>
- For example: Same server name and port as above (not including http://). Note: This IP address must be able to be “seen” externally from your domain.
- Parameter WRKSINTRA : <<SERVERNAME>>:<<PORT CONFIGURATION>>
- For example: Same server name and port as above (not including http://).
- Click OK to close the page.
- Click SAVE to save the changes.
Now that you have the appropriate email settings in place. Setup a workflow based on the APRINT workflow, but to print a specific report.
- Open Setup, General parameters, Parameter values.
- Expand SUP chapter and click on Action button for the WRK Group.
- Verify that you have an email server entered for parameter SERMES.
- Click OK.
- Click on Action button for RPT Group.
- Verify that ASAIDEST parameter is set to No.
- Open Setup, Workflow, Workflow rules.
- Select APRINT workflow.
- Create a new workflow by changing APRINT name to a new name.
- Set the condition on the header to only run when using your report, for example,
- Note: You may also want to either deactivate APRINT or add [F:ARP]RPTCOD<>”SBONFAC” so that only one workflow is triggered. Also, double check that you did not make a typo. Typos will result in no error messages being displayed to warn you. Emails will simply not generate.
- On the Recipients tab, select [F:SIH]BPR as the recipient and the appropriate function.
- Note: Again, double check that you did not make a typo.
- On the Message tab, verify that GFILPATH is set under attached documents.
- Click Save and Validate.
- Open Common Data, Customers, Customers.
- Select the customer you like to email.
- Click on Contacts tab and select the contact you like the email to go to and set them to the same function as the workflow function( in this example, Buyer).
- Open Sales, Invoices, Invoices.
- Create a new invoice for the customer above.
- Click Print to print the invoice.
- Select SBONFAC report( this is the report we set as part of the workflow)
- Choose output of Message.
Note: You may also create destination that defaults to Message.
- Click Print. If everything was set up properly, you should receive a popup box showing you which email will be sent the attachment. Click OK.
- Note: If you do not receive this popup box, you either made a typo in one of the above sections, or you did not set up your email settings correctly. See linked article 56835, titled,”HTG – How to properly setup workflow email validation links to work.”
- Your customer will receive an email with the attached invoice.
- The link which is generated is based upon the link used by the user signing into X3. For example: If the user logs in via http://localhost:8124, this will be part of the signature link. Localhost is not resolvable outside the domain.
- You must print from the actual invoice (Print>Record) to pull the email from the recipient.
- The workflow will only generate one file and one email. It will choose the last email it finds if it finds multiple.
- To know if the email is successful either add yourself as a Copy recipient or mark the Debug mode check box on the General tab of the workflow rule to receive a trace file.
- You cannot customize the name of the attached .pdf file without modification to the code.
If you’ve set an SSL / HTTPS external website as the entry point to X3, the parameters need to have its address as the server.
(This solution is for v7+)
||Workflow links directory
||<same as above>
||Workflow links HTTP address
||Serverworkstaton workflow II
||<not used in v7+>
||Internet workflow feedback
||Intranet workflow feedback